With a few weeks away from the WAFU B under-20 championship billed for Niamey Benin Republic, controversial coach of the Flying Eagles Ladan Bosso has tapped into the well of Nigeria's division 2 league (Nigeria National League) to draw out ten players in his initial list.
It remains to be seen how many of these players will make the cut when the list is further trimmed down.
The Nigeria National League list breakdown has two goalkeepers, four defenders and four midfielders.
This is a mammoth development for the league showing its meteoric growth, increasing profile and highly competitive nature in the last few years.
Should Nigeria progress all the way to the world cup tournament proper - a big if as a large bevy of Nigeria fans have zero faith in Bosso's coaching credentials - it will be fascinating to see how many NNL players last that long.
But for now, they have to prove themselves. They have to show they have what it takes to rub shoulders in elite football. Already an unpopular coach, this gamble might yet define or defame Bosso further.
NNL players Invited To The Flying Eagles:
1. Jimoh Saheed (Goalkeeper) - Adoration
2. Chijioke Aniagboso(Goalkeeper) –Giant Brillars
3. Frederick Benjamin(Defender) –ABS FC
4. Okoli Augustine(Defender) – Giant Brillars
5. Gabriel Adewara (Defender) - Ikorodu City
6. Uzochukwu Ezeobi (Defender) –Zamfara United
7. Divine Nwachukwu (Midfielder) – Adoration
8. Anas Hassan(Midfielder)– Vandrezzer FC
9. Sulaiman Kirki (Midfielder) –Kebbi United FC
10.Aminu Yahaya (Midfielder) – Nnewi United FC
Copyright Notice: unauthorized use of this message is prohibited