With this season's Uefa Champions League throwing up some truly enthralling outcomes in the knockout stages, from Barcelona's bruising 8:2 loss to Bayern Munich to Manchester City's disconcerting 3:1 elimination from the feet of underdogs Lyon, Afrofooty is already taking a look at Nigerian players likely to feature in Europe's cup competition next season.
Below are Super Eagles-eligible players likely to feature the Uefa Champions League and Europa League next season for their various clubs.
1. *Odion Ighalo* (Manchester United, England)
2. *Victor Moses* (Inter Milan, Italy)
3. *Tijani Samson* (Salzburg, Austria)
4. Paul Onuachu (Genk,Belgium)
5. *Stephen Odey* (Genk,Belgium)
6. *Cyriel Dessers* (Genk,Belgium)
7. *Dennis Bonaventure* (Club Brugge, Belgium)
8. *David Okereke* (Club Brugge, Belgium)
1. *Wilfred Ndidi* (Leicester City,England)
2. *Kelechi Iheanacho* (Leicester City, England)
3. *Samuel Chukwueze* (Villarreal, Spain)
4. *Sadiq Umar* (Partizan Belgrade, Serbia)
5. *Leon Balogun* (Rangers, Scotland)
6. *Joe Aribo* (Rangers, Scotlan)
7. *Victor Osimhen* (Napoli, Italy)
The exploits of Dennis Bonaventure in this season's Champions League (with his beautiful brace against mighty Real Madrid) and Sadiq Umar's glorious goals in the Europa League's group stages are still very much fresh and fondly remembered in the minds of Super Eagles fans.
The hope and expectations are for more moments of magic next season and for more Nigeria players to make it beyond the round of 16 in both tournaments.
Copyright © 2020 Afrofooty.com All rights reserved. The information contained in this platform may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written permission of the author